Eames® Lounge Chair and Ottoman White Ash
Designed by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller®
Updated to complement today’s lighter interiors, this white ash version of the design by Charles and Ray Eames is a fresh take on the authentic Eames chair and ottoman. Choose MCL Leather or Mohair Supreme upholstery for the cushions. The shells are a white ash veneer finished with a process that arrests wood in its “freshly cut” state. A comfortable fit both at home and in workspaces, it remains “a special refuge from the strains of modern living.
Like all classics, the chair and ottoman get better with age, in part because of how they are made. From the innovative hardware that fastens the cushions to the shell without marring the appearance of the wood to the fact that each piece continues to be assembled by hand, the combination of craft and manufacturing consistency results in pieces that are genuinely authentic.
DESIGNER AND ORIGINAL PRODUCTION DATE
Charles and Ray Eames, 1956
Lounge Chair Classic Size
- Width: 33.5"
- Depth: 35"
- Height: 31.5"
- Seat Height: 16"
- Width: 26"
- Depth: 20.75"
- Height: 17.25"
Lounge Chair Tall Size
- Width: 33.5"
- Depth: 37.75"
- Height: 33.25"
- Seat Height: 16.5"
- Molded shells are 7-ply veneers (Molded plywood technology)
- 6" thick foam cushions
- 5-star white-enameled base with polished aluminum trim
SHELL AND UPHOLSTERY OPTIONS
- Lounge chair seat, back, and ottoman have molded veneer shells in white ash
- Category 11 MCL Leather (Pearl and Ivory)
- Mohair Supreme - a plush, 100 percent Mohair textile
(Slate, Rich Chocolate, Peat, Lupine, and Armory)
- Ships assembled
- Chair and ottoman have adjustable glides (1/2" stem)
- Chair and ottoman can be sold separately
- Cushions are individually upholstered and replaceable
- Chair set on a swivel-base
- Assembled by hand in Michigan, US
- 30% recycled content; 43% recyclable
- 5-year warranty
Please email email@example.com for additional leather upholstery colour options.