Nelson™ Platform Bench
Equal parts seat and surface, this landmark design emerged from George Nelson’s Fortune magazine office to join his first Herman Miller collection in 1946.
Made with polished chrome or ebonized wood legs, and available in 3 lengths, it is ideal as a bench, low table, or foundation for the Basic Cabinet Series.
DESIGNER AND ORIGINAL PRODUCTION DATE
George Nelson, 1946
- Available Widths: 48", 60", 72"
- Depth: 18.5"
- Height: 14"
- Slatted Top: Solid maple or walnut with clear coat
- Base: Ebonized wood or trivalent chrome
- Ships ready to assemble
- 5 year warranty
- Optional leather- or fabric-covered cushions, in various sizes
- Serves as a bench, display platform, or low table in living areas, lounges, libraries, or offices
- Available with adjustable glides on the metal base and with rubber bumpers on the wood base