Platner Side Table
Designed by Warren Platner 1966
In 1966, the Platner Collection captured the “decorative, gentle, graceful” shapes that were beginning to infiltrate the modern vocabulary. The iconic side table is created by welding curved steel rods to circular frames, simultaneously serving as structure and ornament.
CONSTRUCTION AND DETAILS
- Glass: 1/2" thick; tempered glass with bevel on underside
- Marble: .75" thick; transparent polyester coating with polished or satin finish; beveled edge
- Wood: 1.125" thick; veneered medium density fiberboard with cathedral grain pattern; solid wood beveled edge. Wood tops are weighted for stability
- Base constructed of vertical steel rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods
- Nickel and 18k Gold finishes are plated and polished
- Metallic bronze finish is a paint
- Clear plastic extrusion ring on bottom of the base for a smooth bottom surfaceon
- Certified Clean Air GOLD
- Diam: 15.75"
- Height: 18"